2011 HarvestOctober 13th 2011
The grapes are nearly all in for English vineyards with high expectations of quality, but a good vintage in this country is not necessarily reflected in other parts of Europe. It has been an unpredictable year at best, with an exceptionally warm spring fooling us all into thinking we were in for a long hot summer. Then July and August were appallingly cool and wet. So instead of an early harvest of ripe grapes, some growers returned to old habits and picked under-ripe to avoid rot. Any growers who could wait for the late September, early October heatwave will have had some welcome extra ripening days, but only those who were ruthless in sorting out the rotten and unevenly ripe grapes will have made good wine this year. Altogether a difficult and uneven harvest.
- August 11th 2016A more mature couple
- February 15th 2016Gin blending
- December 11th 2015Champagne, visiting and enjoying.
- September 25th 2014Two extraordinary eating experiences
- April 3rd 2013Help build a School in the Cloud
- November 16th 2012Prestige Cuvee Champagne Tasting
- January 2nd 2012All change at MW2 Wines
- December 14th 2011Christmas Deliveries
- October 13th 20112011 Harvest
- August 31st 2011Rose wine